BadCompanyAirsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BCA Forums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Caliber45

Caliber45

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:18 pm

I was just curious, why don't we have our forums PhpBB.

Nice Flash graphics
Unlimited Bandwith
100% easy user control/ setting rights to individuals or as a group

I'm not saying our current forum is bad, but with flash graphics would be a bit better and cleaner.
Back to top Go down
Kracka

Kracka

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:54 pm

they constantly go down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcompanyairsoft.com
Caliber45

Caliber45

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:07 am

depends on the host
Back to top Go down
Caliber45

Caliber45

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: New Beta BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:09 am

A Beta forum was created. No Forum permissions were set. This is so everyone can see the full forum page without having to get registered.

BCA Forum
http://badcompanyairsoft.net/Forum/index.php

Server Location: Mass

The New banner is still being worked on.

Along with the forums, Everyone will have there own E-mail accounts from BCA.
This will cut any confusion between wanting to contact anyone on the team. Since theres soo many e-mail clients out there i.e. Hotmail, yahoo, gmail. It will be allot easier to know peoples e-mails simply just by knowing there callsigns.
Examples:
Caliber45@BadCompanyAirsot.net
overkill@BadCompanyAirsoft.net
Zeek@BadCompanyAirsoft.net

NOTE*** E-mail Addresses NOT YET ACTIVE

Why have separate e-mail accounts when theres private Messaging?
Sending documents/ Large Files. We can take full advantage of the 7,000 gig traffic-ing.
There is a preset 250mb mailbox limit, which can be changed at anytime to any designated amount

The Bad Side to e-mail accounts, everyone will have to have a set generated password. A password that cannot be changed. If you forget your generated password, you can still retrieve it.
Password generation will be based off of words. There WONT be random numbers and letters.

Along with the forums, we have webspace. Over 500Gigs.
Trafficing amount over 7,000 gigs for downloads.

Avatar Portraits can be changed to Any Pixel Size. The same with Signatures, any size can be changed.
Minimum Avatar Size: 20 X 20 Maximum Avatar Size: 90 X 90
Current Signature limit: Unlimited width, 255 Length

Please be Considerate with the current Sizes chosen. Don't oversize your avatars/signatures just because you can.

There will be almost no Downtime. 99.9% uptime. Every host will have a designated downtime for server maintenance and restarts. Any Un-related downtimes will be handled via 24/7 Customer support.

Anyone that has suggested changes or input, please make a post. Any criticism is welcome.

Not sure whoes been working on website? graphics/ logos/ Pages?

Anything in particular, can be uploaded and added to the site. Please contact me. This is a team effort.
Back to top Go down
Kracka

Kracka

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:45 am

cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.badcompanyairsoft.com
crepscher

crepscher

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Kick Ass Very Nice Job!
Back to top Go down
Caliber45

Caliber45

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:01 pm

lol please don't try registering just yet.. Its a beta version. I was told to go ahead this past Sunday and work on a Forum, whether or not it gets approved is out of my hands.. So please wait for couple of days before trying too register
Back to top Go down
Glassman

Glassman

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:26 pm

yes good job alan, but i would say i think we should get a full functional website up and running before we switch fourm styles, but non the less great job
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/therussian12300
Caliber45

Caliber45

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Yes the thought of making the website first did cross my mind, but from what I heard this past Sunday, there was someone already working on the site. We have the space for just about any size website.Once the site is done, it would only have to be uploaded to the ftp server.

During the meeting on Sunday, I was told to work on the forums, So I did. Aside from what we have now, a forum, we haven't really lost. We gained more than what we had before. Right?

Either way, rolling with it or not, up to you guys.
Back to top Go down
TUROK

TUROK

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:30 pm

i think its pretty fuckin sick darwin
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/overlordtank
Sponsored content

BCA Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCA Forums   BCA Forums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BCA Forums
Page 1 of 1